Midem’s programmes for artists
Artists are at the heart of the industry and key to the success of the music business. Visibility, brand image and marketability are also vital as artists look to develop globally. Knowledge and education are crucial to better understand today’s challenges and identify what are the new opportunities.
Midem is keen to strengthen its commitment to working closely with artists and their teams to help them navigate in this fast-moving environment of the international music ecosystem. To do so, Midem has designed tailor-made programmes to encourage music artists’ development on a global scale.
ARTISTS: why attend Midem?
- Network and chill out with your peers at our new dedicated venue for artists - The Artist Hub
- Meet with the key players of the industry through tailor-made networking opportunities
- Learn with masterclasses, panels & workshops to answer artist’ needs
- Discover new trends and products for artists
- Develop business opportunities with music supervisors looking for sync, publishers & labels looking for new acts & repertoires and managers willing to develop your career
- Submit to our competition & creative programme: Midem Artist Accelerator & Midem Songwriting Camp (please see details below)
Midem Artist Hub
In 2019, for the first time, Midem is launching in association with the International Artist Organisation a brand new area dedicated to artists: the Artist Hub. It will be the place to learn all about music artists' development, network, share ideas and creation.
The programme includes:
- Midem Artist Accelerator
The Midem Artist Accelerator is an exclusive bootcamp for artists and their entourages.
Designed to support managers, agents, labels and publishers as they look to grow their artists’ profiles globally. It’s a unique opportunity to access Midem business expertise in export and innovative solutions.
Each year, 11 promising artists picked by an elite Artistic Committee all:
- Get to play live on the beautiful beach of Cannes
- Benefit from a tailored 360 degrees programme onsite with key players from the global music community including:
- Entry to selected conferences
- Learning and coaching sessions with industry mentors
- Networking opportunities
Midem Songwriting Camp
During 4 days, Midem brings together in the Creative House in Cannes, some of the most exciting and innovative songwriters and producers to collaborate and compose original songs together.