Born Njabulo Mayibongwe Nkomo, Tytan is a Zimbabwean born singer, creative designer, music producer, entrepreneur, brand consultant, television personality, curator and broadcaster born on the 6th of February 1990 in Harare where he grew up and attended SOS Hermann Gmeiner Primary school and then Marist Brothers High school as well as Nyanga High School then Kutama St Francis Xavier.
The second born in a family of two was raised by his mother who was a high school teacher and a Food Technologist. Spent most of his childhood with his now married sister Gugulethu Runyowa. His father Cornelius Njabulo Nkomo passed away in August 2009.
The young man highly esteems the remarkable global contributions by Strive Masiiwa, Oskido, Sean Puffy Combs to mention a few. Mainly his inspiration stems out of the success achieved by African Pioneers through defying the odds and limitations life and culture throws at them.
Professionally trained for Network Engineering at NIIT College
As an artiste he’s classically trained learning to do much of the work by himself stemming from the God given talents he always wants to put to good use.
He has learnt how to do a lot of stuff by doing it though at time he gets hints and tips from professionals.
BRIEF WORK BACKGROUND
Managed a restaurant at Borrowdale Brook Country Golf club in Harare, worked for ZB bank where he started off as a messenger and went on to be IT person, whilst at ZB bank he started working with songbird Cynthia Mare in 2013 after she returned from the UK. Left ZB bank in February 2014 and went on to work as Mare`s Manager full time under his newly built Skhokho Management label.
Under the same label he engaged Donald Kanyuchi, Skimbo (Tatenda Matika) as well as establishing myself as a music artist.
ACHIEVEMENTS IN ENTERTAINMENT
• Created the Skhokho Management label which has housed several artists since 2013
• Launched the second studio album of the songbird Cynthia Mare in 2013 entitled “Songs My Mother Loved”.
• Skhokho Management artist, Cynthia Mare acquires three ZIMA awards at the 2014 Zimbabwe Music Awards emerging as top female award winner.
• Skhokho Management artist, Cynthia Mare acquires NAMA award as Outstanding Female Musician 2014.
• Skhokho Management artist, Cynthia Mare acquires ZNCC award for Best Businesswoman in Music 2015.’
• Acquiring Gtel endorsement deal for artist, Cynthia Mare.
• Acquiring Brand Ambassador campaign deal for artist Cynthia Mare with World Education Incorporated/Bantwana.
• Launching of Moto Ngaubvire (song for the girl-child) on the 16 Days of Activism with the British Council, DFID and the British Embassy.
• Acquiring presenter deal for artist Cynthia Mare on Coca Cola’s, Coke On The Beat.
• Launched his musical career as an artist in 2014.
• Launched the musical career, commercially, of Donald Kanyuchi in 2014.
• Successful launch of Cynthia Mare`s third studio album,”Shinga” in November 2015 at a colourful event at the 7 Arts Theatre.
• Successfully released a number of collaboration tracks with Cynthia Mare, Donald Kanyuchi, Ammara Brown to list just a few.
• Created the short comedy video series ‘Faka Friday’ meant for social networks like facebook, twitter, whatsapp etc
• Featuring on three television series’ with ‘Tatenda Studios’ as a way to establish himself into the film industry as an actor.
• Being a radio deejay on one of the local radio stations.
• Production of Television Shows in-line with Music and Entertainment.
• Creation of a solid music distribution network.
MUSICIAN, CREATIVE DESIGNER, BRAND MANAGER...
Tytan is a Zimbabwean Musician, Creative Designer, music producer, entrepreneur, brand consultant, television personality, curator and broadcaster.
Tytan has managed to stage himself as a nationally recognised musician who aspires to break international ground drawing inspiration from a number of high profiled entrepreneurs with his unique Afro fusion sound as a music artist and has also created a following on social media platforms with his career work under his creative label Skhokho Management which is fast becoming a household name in the Zimbabwean entertainment industry.
Using three dialects English, Ndebele and Shona as his tools Tytan has managed to pull a following from different corners of Zimbabwe as an artiste.
Tytan has managed to secure several artists management deals since the establishment Of Skhokho Management his own label in 2013 with Cynthia Mare becoming an instant success in the house recording 2 albums and securing multiple awards.
Tytan has also managed to house prominent guitarist and songwriter formerly from Pakare Paye Arts Centre Donald Kanyuchi who is fast rising in the Zimbabwean music circles as an independent artist.
Tytan has managed to excel in a number of fields owing to the God-given talent that has opened doors of entrepreneurship, curatorship as well as brand consultancy to mention a few.
His enthusiasm in making it big in the arts industry has compelled him to try out different forms of art as well as managing some artistes which he has successfully done.
Tytan`s strength and resilience through life’s turbulent waves has allowed him to emerge into an even better, stronger, a more talented, more spectacular version of himself.