PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS NO GIG, BUT A REALLY GREAT OPPORTUNITY FOR CAREER DEVELOPMENT!
WHAT IS OUTBREAKERS’ LAB
Outbreakers' Lab is a mentoring camp for artists aiming to develop their career in the music industry. The project founded by HOTS (Hungarian Oncoming Tunes, the Hungarian music export office) is dedicated to solo acts/bands that are already experienced on the music scene and look for professional guidance in further career development.
Outbreakers’ Lab takes place in a beautiful village, Szigliget, located near Lake Balaton. For three days artists will work on their goals with internationally acclaimed experts during individual sessions, workshops and group discussion. Outbreakers’ Lab is an experience designed to raise awareness of bands potential, transfer professional knowledge about the music industry, mental health and its practices, inspire, exchange ideas and build an international community.
HOW WE PROCEED:
- five (5) internationally acclaimed professionals from different angles & countries of the European music industry will select the bands they'd like to work with during 3 days
- maximum two (2) members can come from the acts who apply (the decision about who will attend the Lab is made by the band)
- besides individual sessions, artists take part in workshops, lectures, group sessions and panels
Outbreakers' Lab is designed to cover as many angles of the music industry as possible. Thnks to wide mentors expertise we are able to support artists development on many levels: long-term career planning, goal-setting, PR strategy, management, production, storytelling, music export, showcases & festivals, management, tour-management, promotion, booking, team building and many more.
The list for 2019 is to be announced soon, but in the previous years we've had Daryl Bamonte (UK, Schubert Music), Rod Jones (UK, Post-Electric Studio), Ville Leppanen (UK, The Animal Farm), Katia Giampaolo (IT, Europavox, Estragon), Andraz Kajzer (SI, MENT) or Julia Scherz (AT, Ink Music).
The two core-members of the Lab are:
- Magda Chołyst (Artist in Bloom / Outbreakers’ Lab, Poland)
- Andries van Wieren (3S Music, Netherlands)
IDEA BEHIND THE LAB
First Outbreakers’ Lab, came to life in 2017. As an Hungarian Oncoming Tunes initiative, the first edition was dedicated only to Hungarian acts. It was built on a reflection that there is an educational gap where experienced professionals can't pass the experience to the forthcoming generations. Outbreakers' Lab came also as an answer for bands difficulties to name their goals and plan a further career steps.
Going along with success of the first edition and its impact on many Hungarian acts, we move Outbreakers’ Lab 2018 on the international level by opening the application to artists from 9 European countries. We want to create an inspiring network, common fellowship on the market of emerging European acts.
HOW TO APPLY?
You may apply if you fulfil the criteria below:
1. Your English is on, at least, communicative level
2. You have released at least one (1) album by a record label or in self-release process (physical self-release of within any relevant digital platform Spotify or any relevant digital platforms such as iTunes, Deezer or Tidal)
3. You have at least 3 press references from the last 12 months in your own country and/or international media coverage (interviews, album or live shows reviews, relevant contents from the online/offline press, TV or radio)
4. You/your band has played at least 30 shows locally and/or internationally in the last two years.
Deadline for application: 15th or March, 2019, 19PM (CET).
- Maximum two (2) member of the chosen band may participate in the Lab (the decision is on bands’ side)
- The bands will be informed about the result of application process in May 2019.
- Deadline for confirmation the participation: June 2019.
OUTBREAKERS’ LAB COVERS:
- all the local costs (ground transportation from Budapest to Szigliget, accommodation, catering)
ARTISTS NEEDS TO COVER:
- international travel to Budapest or Szigliget (if they can't catch the general transfers) and back.
Think different. Find your voice. Face your challenges.