Lift the live music industry into a new era
Music always deserves a chance - no matter where it comes from. That’s why we’re taking the business that’s been reserved for a few to the next level for everyone. Bringing suitable music to the stages of the world will be easier and more economical than ever before with gigmit.
We are changing the way concerts are organized, by our data-driven matchmaking platform for musicians and organizers. Booking has to be simple, so that there is more time for creative work and more musicians standing where they belong: to their audience - on stage and digital concert opportunities.
Join us and operate our technical product strategy! Currently 155,000 users are registered at gigmit. In the next few years, we plan to grow our community up to 5 Million artists. It’s your chance to develop our gigmit platform to a beloved tool for talent scouting, matchmaking and booking.
We are boundless music-loving team players who love the live experience. Our team is international, working languages are English and German. All documentation is done in English. Our spirit of discovery strives for diversity and innovative solutions. We are hands on. We will gladly take you on board.
Your work field
We hire a Product Manager to operate our technical product strategy focusing on User Experience. You will continue to develop the gigmit platform aiming our vision. It’s on you to identify and solve the digital challenges and digital business cases within the Live-Music-Market for artists, promoters and gigmit.
You are responsible for the product department and web-dev issues, including budget and a small team of four, expanding in near future. You are closely working together with the growth team (marketing, customer relationship and support).
Full time, 38 - 40 h/week, open minded for other models, too. Earliest start of the job position: January 2021. We are looking for a person that will be in our Berlin office. To arrange family friendly and live balanced working conditions, gigmit offers flexible working hours and hybrid working models including remote work.
Your Tasks and Goals
- Hold the ownership of the product strategy and roadmap
- Operate our technical product strategy (optimize registration funnels on artist and promoter, combine efforts and design to simplify the product, improve data inputs and 3rd party connections, continue the shift to mobile usage)
- Optimize user interfaces for higher conversions
- Build products our artists and promoters love - identify, validate and create new product and feature opportunities together with our users
- Plan the next iteration after the successful launches
- Gather technical and business requirements by KPI, and maintain the product backlog
- Work agile, KPI driven and customer-centric
- Manage needs and interests from other departments/stakeholders (e.g. Marketing, CRM etc.)
- Communicate around the product vision and our progress to a broad audience
Your skills and abilities
- 5 years (minimum) of work experience as a product manager for a digital platform or comparable positions
- Expertise with digital marketplaces, SaaS and/or subscription business models
- Strictly working agile, KPI driven and customer-centric with methods in agile product development (Scrum, Kanban, OKR).
- Data-driven analytics for product development (Amplitude or other analytics software)
- User Research Experience to understand what our users really think and need from our product through data
- MVP talented: breakdown complex tasks and challenges into smart MVPs
- Fluent in English
- Business insights of Live Event Sector and / or music industry (like from ticketing platforms etc.)
- Good communication skills and the capability to lead a small team
- Self-Motivation in difficult situations and challenging tasks (fragmented markets etc.)
- Multitasking to manage simultaneous work on multiple projects and deliverables
- Fair teamplay
- Fluent in German
- Creating a conceptual designs
- Network in the music industry / live music industry
- Network of investment companies
- Technical, IT-Development background
- Passion for Lean-Start-Up Management
- Unleash your professional and personal potential - you will lift the live music industry into a new age
- Flexible working time models for your personal freedom
- Enthusiastic & smart colleagues who are curious to implement innovative tools
- Mixed team
- Team spirit: having drinks together as soon as the lockdown is over, going to concerts and live events together At the moment we are grooving at live stream sessions.
- Office in Berlin Kreuzberg - Industrial style
- Oat-Milk for our Veganes & Candybar with four types of sugar
- Barista coffee machine & delicious coffee beans
- High Quality sound system for joint listenings to music
- More wishes? Let’s talk!
We are welcoming all kinds of people! All genders should feel encouraged.
Apply now and tell us your availability, working hours per week and your salary expectation.
Please add your main achievements during your work experiences as well as methods and softwares you used for it.
Send your application via the form below.